Note: My Web pages are best viewed with style sheets enabled.
To and Across Canada
Copyright © 2003-2004 by David E. Ross
We stayed in the following hotels while on our trip:
- Marriott Courtyard, 988 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94607
- Hotel Vintage Park, 1100 Fifth Ave, Seattle, WA 98101
- Hotel Grand Pacific, 463 Belleville St, Victoria, BC V8V 1X3
- Marriott Vancouver Pinnacle Hotel, 1128 West Hastings St, Vancouver, BC V6E 4R5
- Delta Bessborough, 601 Spadina Crescent East, Saskatoon, SK S7K 3G8
- Hotel Le Cantlie Suites, 1110 Sherbrooke St. West, Montréal, PQ H3A 1G9
The two photographs of hotels above are not covered by my copyright. They were obtained from the hotels' Web sites. Both show a design termed "railway hotel", reflecting an elegant style initially used by the Canadian Pacific Railroad when that company built hotels at its major stops.
For general comments about hotels and restaurants — some of which were inspired by our trip — see my Traveler's Lament.